[Samba] Temporary Failure in Name Resolution for local names

Peter Pollock peter.pollock at kingschristian.org
Thu Apr 15 17:03:21 UTC 2021

Hi All,

Our Samba DC setup has been running well for several months now (thanks to
many of you, especially Rowland and Louis) but we recently had a power
outage and one of our DC's will now not resolve local names.

The DC's were built using Louis' repo and instructions I got from Rowland.

I can ping external names and I can ping internally by IP but I cannot ping
by name.

We have three DC's and two of them are fine, it's just the third that is
having the problem.

It means it cannot replicate.

I have compared resolv.conf, named.conf, named.conf.options,
named.conf.local and the interface file in /etc/netplan and they all seem
fairly identical.

DC01 and DC02 can resolve each other's names and also the DC11 but DC11
will not resolve either DC01 or DC02.

I've been at this for hours and have no idea where to go from here. Can
anyone suggest anything to try?

I'm happy to post outputs of commands, but I don't know what you will need
to see.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>