[Samba] metod for change domain name

Marcos Ariel Negrini mnegrini at afip.gob.ar
Thu Apr 15 14:52:14 UTC 2021

Hello Rowland:
the restore does not give error, the issue is which directory to point
to in the restore, because it asks me for an empty directory, otherwise
it throws error.... and as it is compiled I can not empty the
/usr/local/samba, because there I have the binary of the restore
command, so I tried erasing the /usr/local/samba/var and telling it to
restore there, but the content that generates me is different from the
original var, and does not match the original /usr/local/samba, so I
deduced that it would be the contents of /var of an installation from
repos...

for example:

original:

/usr/local/samba:

bin
bind-dns
etc
include
lib
lib64
private
sbin
share
var

/usr/local/samba/var:

cache
lib
lock
locks
run

restore in:

/usr/local/samba/var:

backup.txt
bind-dns
etc
gencache.tdb
msg.lock
names.tdb
private
state

that's why I said that I understand that moving file by file of the
restore in the original installation could work .. but I wanted to know
if it's okay to do so or is likely to break everything.

Regards

--
Marcos Ariel Negrini
AFIP - División Seguridad de Activos