[Samba] Trouble in ssh into Windows machines in the Windows/Samba Domain

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 17:35:04 UTC 2021

On 4/10/21 6:16 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:

> Not so fast, I have passwordless login working 😁
>
> See here:
> https://codefaq.org/server/how-to-ssh-login-without-password-on-windows-10/
>
> It would be a lot easier if they get all the missing bits working, its
> all manual at the moment.
>
> Rowland

That procedure is what i usually do ;)

I tried on both Windows App OpenSSH and latest gitHub OpenSSH (for windows),
no matter what, if i put my public key in
C:\Users\adam1\.ssh\authorized_keys
and i try to ssh into the machine (windows 10 or Server 2016) the connection
miserably fails, I am asked no password. It just bombs out. There must be a
nasty bug somewhere in OpenSSH for Windows !

Making the call from Windows or Linux makes no difference, it fails.

bye
nicola