[Samba] Trouble in ssh into Windows machines in the Windows/Samba Domain

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Apr 10 11:28:31 UTC 2021

On 10/04/2021 11:25, Nicola Mingotti wrote:

> To whoever may find the same issues I found:
>
> I got sshd working in Windows10 and Windows server 2016
>
> for now: PASSWORD ONLY AUTHENTICATION, with Domain Users.
>
> In my 2 computers it was fundamental to set this in
> C:\ProgramData\ssh\sshd_config
>
> --------- sshd_config --------
> GSSAPIAuthentication yes
> GSSAPICleanupCredentials yes
> # --- these options do not work in Windows -----
> # GSSAPIKeyExchange yes
> # If your version supports this
> # GSSAPIStoreCredentialsOnRekey yes
> # If your version supports this
>
> # ---- comment these lines or nothing works -------
> # Match Group administrators
> #        AuthorizedKeysFile
> __PROGRAMDATA__/ssh/administrators_authorized_keys
>
> HTH !
>
> PS. still to solve passwordless authentication

I can only get ssh password authentication to work to win10, I don't
have the GSSAPI lines, from my searching, it doesn't look like they have
kerberos working yet (and this is on Windows), it also worked for myself
without commenting anything out. It might help if they got their
documentation uptodate, I found bits here and there.

Rowland