[Samba] samba-tool domain backup offline fails

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Apr 7 08:52:34 UTC 2021

On 07/04/2021 09:22, Stefan Bellon via samba wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to set up disaster recovery for the domain and followed
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Back_up_and_Restoring_a_Samba_AD_DC
> (as I am using Samba 4.13.5).
>
> First I went for the online backup (which works), but AFAICS it requires
> administrator authentication and is thus not really suited for
> automated backups via a cronjob.
>
> When I tried "samba-tool domain backup offline" however, this fails:

You have hit a known bug, which has just been fixed, so it should be in
the next releases of 4.13 and 4.14.

You can use the online backup from cron, just create a script (If you
cannot, talk nicely and I will give you a copy of mine) , basically it
boils down to using kerberos and adding '-N' to the command.

Rowland