[Samba] Running GPMC with a user who is a member of Domain Admins

Stefan Bellon bellon at axivion.com
Wed Apr 7 07:50:21 UTC 2021

On Wed, 07 Apr, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:

> On the question, what qualifies a user as Administrator?
> In our network, nobody is allowed to do regular work, when your
> having Adminsitrator rights.

That's of course obvious.

> Your working or being able to change security settings, install
> software and hardware, access all files on the computer, and make
> changes to other user accounts. This all is security problem when
> your working with Adminsitrative rights.

Also obviously agreed upon.

What I do not understand - you said:

> [...] user which was added to "domain admins" which is a big NO NO..

My question is a technical one, not a philosophical one: How could a
personalized user account be "administrative" if not added to the
appropriate group, in this case "Domain Admins". So, how else should a
user perform domain administrative tasks, if it's not a specifically
created user account that is member of the "Domain Admins" group?

Greetings,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bellon