[Samba] Samba 4.14: Windows Users and Computer / No contact with the following DC...

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Apr 3 08:22:08 UTC 2021

On 02/04/2021 23:40, Denis Morejon via samba wrote:
> Here my /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf on both dc1 and dc2 servers
>
> (netbios names with DC1 and DC2 each one)
>
> [global]
>          netbios name = DC2
>          realm = DTCF.ETECSA.CU
>          server role = active directory domain controller
>          workgroup = DTCF
>          log level = 1 auth_audit:3
>          log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
>

> [sysvol]
>          path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>          read only = No
> [netlogon]
>          path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/dtcf.etecsa.cu/scripts
>          read only = No

I feel this must have something to do with your DC's as it works for me,
Windows 7 in a VM to Samba 4.14.2 DC's.

Can you go here:
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh

Download the script and run it on both of your DC's, then post the
output into a reply to this, do not add attachments, this list strips them.

You might want to see here: https://apt.van-belle.nl/

It will save you having to compile Samba yourself.

Rowland