[Samba] Maintaining Unix Attributes in AD using ADUC?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 2 12:24:28 UTC 2021

On 02/04/2021 12:17, Matthias Leopold wrote:

> I understood that Windows 10 doesn't have the "Unix attributes" tab,
> this is why I looked at the "Attribute editor" tab. There I see that
> UID/GID aren't assigned automatically (although the attribute is
> there). So this is the intended behaviour?

That will not work, you need the framework that Samba AD provides and
the Unix Attributes tabs (which win10 no longer has) to get RFC2307
attributes added automatically.

> Unfortunately manually setting these attributes (by whatever means)
> for new users (I could do it for existing users) is not an option for me.

Can I introduce you to the concept of using the command line to create
users and groups, you can use scripts around samba-tool or ADMan or
various other methods that are available, it is usually faster than
using Windows.

Rowland