[Samba] Samba server requirements for a DC

Jason Keltz jas at eecs.yorku.ca
Thu Apr 1 15:15:27 UTC 2021

I'd like to purchase a server that will only run my Samba DC.  As I
understand it, Samba is not very multi-threaded (?).  I expect to have
around 5000 domain users.  How many cores, and how much memory would be
optimal? While my second DC will be a VM, I'd prefer for at least one of
my DCs to be bare metal.  Disk storage for the DC is less than 1G right
now, so I know that disk won't be a problem.  I could focus on faster
disk rather than larger.

Thanks for any feedback,

Jason.