[Samba] Schema version 87 and windows Hello

mailist mailist at kaminot.xyz
Wed Sep 30 10:19:53 UTC 2020

I setup a test environment comporting of a windows 2016 evaluation
server and a windows 10 eval too so you can tag along.

Concerning the provisioning for key trust it looks like the  Enterprise
Device Registration Service is the one doing most of the work, since
there are litte if no documentation about it, I prefer on my side to
focus on the day to day auth flow.

It looks like the easiest to implement would be the certificate trust
(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-how-it-works-provisioning)
since it is installed into the personal store of the user. And it is
probably very similar to a smart key process (if you can believe that
the
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-how-it-works-authentication
is true)

Vincent