[Samba] Debian Buster Samba 4.13 online (amd64/i386/armhf )

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Sep 29 06:46:04 UTC 2020

Not that i know off, but if your on buster, your not using /etc/init.d/samba-ad-dc  and that should have been purged while upgrading long ago already.
I recommend you check the installed packages on leftovers, and if you find them, use : apt-get remove --purge xxPackagexx

You should use systemd and it services:

# /lib/systemd/system/samba-ad-dc.service
[Unit]
Description=Samba AD Daemon
Documentation=man:samba(8) man:samba(7) man:smb.conf(5)
Wants=network-online.target
After=network.target network-online.target

[Service]
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
PIDFile=/run/samba/samba.pid
LimitNOFILE=16384
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/samba
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/samba --foreground --no-process-group $SAMBAOPTIONS
ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

# /etc/systemd/system/samba-ad-dc.service.d/override.conf
[Unit]
After=network.target network-online.target bind9.service

Greetz,

Louis