[Samba] Debian client/workstation pam_mount

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Sep 28 09:00:03 UTC 2020

The "short" version on why multiple groups here.

For all my member servers apply the following.
This line :
> > AllowGroups servers-ssh sshgroup

There are 2, linux only Admin accounts, ( local accounts )
   And, only if these are member of the "local group" sshgroup
   then your allowed to login.

Only users that are allowed to login with ssh on these servers
   and are member of the "servers-ssh" group.
   Both user and group MUST have UID/GID.
   In my setup its not allowed to login as a Windows Admin in linux.
   Users must use sudo if they are allowed.

I only have :
Domain DC's
Domain Member's
Windows Workstations.
I dont have Linux Workstations. ( but im working on that part )
And thats also more confusing, but a linux workstion can be treated same as a
Domain Member..

Im assuming you want to login from a Linux Workstations into a Domain Member,
With ssh, then only the Domain Member has the group option.

But this is more how YOU want it.
If you dont needed groups to control ssh logins from add, then you can leave them out.
Its optional, only i do this so i can secure and controll some parts better.

This is or can be a problem.
sshgroup:x:998:adminlinux

If you install as my howto's show, then root has no password and is not allowed to login.
The first created user is always UID 1000, (minimal)
The first user also is allowed to use sudo.

And, kerberos sets :

password        [success=3 default=ignore]      pam_krb5.so minimum_uid=1000		<<< NOTE !!!!
password        [success=2 default=ignore]      pam_unix.so obscure use_authtok try_first_pass sha512
password        [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_winbind.so try_authtok try_first_pass

So only minimal UID 1000 is allowed to use kerberos auth.

I hope aboves helps to fix it..

Greetz,

Louis