[Samba] Debian client/workstation pam_mount

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Sep 26 15:34:30 UTC 2020

On 26/09/2020 16:23, Robert Wooden wrote:
> Okay, now so I don't get confused.
> Yes, /home/WKDOM/tuser16 does exist on the client/workstation.
>
>     root at lws4:~# getent group
>     root:x:0:
>     /..snipped for brevity../
>
>     winbindd_priv:x:129:
>     sshgroup:x:998:adminlinux
>     postfix:x:130:
>
>     ..snipped for brevity..
>

> There is no servers-ssh group on the C/W. (I have a server-ssh group
> somewhere per Louis' instructions, just not on a C/W.) Should there be
> a servers-ssh group on a C/W?
>
> And notice that tuser16 is not a member of "sshgroup".

Then that is likely to be your problem, you posted your sshd config and
it had this line:

AllowGroups servers-ssh sshgroup

So, if 'servers-ssh' doesn't exist and tuser16 isn't a member of
'sshgroup', then 'tuser16' will never log in, either add 'tuser16' to
the 'sshgroup' or remove that line from your sshd conf or use a user
that is a member of 'sshgroup'.

Rowland