[Samba] Debian client/workstation pam_mount

Robert Wooden wdn2420systm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:52:50 UTC 2020

First, my use of IP addresses is a force of habit. User at shorthostname does
work but, as I do not normally ssh with hostname.

> adminlinux at lws2:~$ ssh tuser16 at lws4
> The authenticity of host 'lws4 (192.168.16.220)' can't be established.
> ECDSA key fingerprint is
> SHA256:iOPtH7sjCWWoWR/92nVv/fWIp0ogRtlHxeRTrC5EePI.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
> Warning: Permanently added 'lws4' (ECDSA) to the list of known
> hosts.              <<<<<< this is new to me????
> Warning: the ECDSA host key for 'lws4' differs from the key for the IP
> address '192.168.16.220'     <<<<<< this is new to me, also????
> Offending key for IP in /home/adminlinux/.ssh/known_hosts:1
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
> tuser16 at lws4's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> tuser16 at lws4's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> tuser16 at lws4's password:
> tuser16 at lws4: Permission denied
> (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).

As you can see, the password fails but, as I am unfamiliar with the output
I see here (using a short hostname) I am not sure this is the correct
output.
And I am uncertain as to what I need to do to correct this?