[Samba] Debian client/workstation pam_mount

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Sep 26 13:00:47 UTC 2020

On 26/09/2020 13:40, Robert Wooden wrote:
> Without trying your suggestions, I know that a domain user cannot
> login via ssh.
>
>  I have to assume at this point that if I cannot login with a domain
> user via ssh we need to solve that first?
>
> (I hate to assume anything, but . . . .)

It isn't an assumption, it is a fact.

I take it you can logon via ssh as root, if so, does 'getent passwd
tuser16' produce output, if not, you need to fix this.

Also, you are trying to log in via ssh using an ipaddress, why ? does
using the short hostname work (try with root first), if it doesn't, you
need to fix this.

Rowland