[Samba] Debian client/workstation pam_mount

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Thu Sep 24 11:47:46 UTC 2020

Am 24.09.20 um 13:29 schrieb Robert Wooden via samba:
> I have some (for testing) Debian based client/workstation connected to my
> AD. Signing to the AD works as a domain/user should. These clients can, via
> Nautilus file manager, access shares on the file server manually that
> the *signed
> in domain user* is permitted to "see". I would prefer to connect these
> files and the domain user home directory automatically at sign in without
> manual "click this" requirement via a file manager. Like all the W10
> machines auto connect to file shares.
>
> I know that there are several ways to do this. The manner of doing this I
> have been researching is the use of pam_mount with sshfs. At this point I
> can command line connect to and sshfs share but, pam_mount continues to
> fail due to incorrect configuration settings.
>
> Documentation for pam_mount is weak, to say the least and does not discuss
> setting up these types of shares.
>
> Found the pam_mount forum but there has been very little activity there in
> months. Obviously the developers are not answer questions.
>
> So, someone on this list might be connecting via pam_mount either with nfs,
> cifs, or other file connection methodology. Anyone willing to talk about
> pam_mount settings as they relate to Samba 4 use?

I am using it on Fedora with Volume Definition looking like this:

<volume user="*"
options="domain=DOMAINNAME,sec=krb5,cruid=%(USERUID),nodev,vers=3.1.1"
fstype="cifs" server="SERVERFQDN" path="data"
mountpoint="/home/%(USER)/data/" />

The client machine is domain joined (Rowland please stop reading here)
with SSSD. I am logging in with Domain credentials.

What is the actual error shown?

Regards

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Unit Head Bioprocess Development

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Manfred Bender
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen