[Samba] Adding user to group doesn't propagate?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Sep 24 11:56:49 UTC 2020

On 24/09/2020 12:30, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> This test also needs the info on.. which backend? ..
I was using the 'ad' backend, but I think this doesn't make any difference

> And, did you login/logout again after adding the user.
No, I didn't, but the only way I could get the user to show up as a
member of the group was to run 'wbinfo -a username' which amounts to
re-authenticating.
> Just like in windows, after you authenticated and being added to a group, you need to logout/login again to get it activated.

That is the piece of information I struggled to find and if that is the
case, then I feel that Samba is working in the same way as Windows.

Rowland