[Samba] Debian client/workstation pam_mount

Robert Wooden wdn2420systm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:29:04 UTC 2020

I have some (for testing) Debian based client/workstation connected to my
AD. Signing to the AD works as a domain/user should. These clients can, via
Nautilus file manager, access shares on the file server manually that
the *signed
in domain user* is permitted to "see". I would prefer to connect these
files and the domain user home directory automatically at sign in without
manual "click this" requirement via a file manager. Like all the W10
machines auto connect to file shares.

I know that there are several ways to do this. The manner of doing this I
have been researching is the use of pam_mount with sshfs. At this point I
can command line connect to and sshfs share but, pam_mount continues to
fail due to incorrect configuration settings.

Documentation for pam_mount is weak, to say the least and does not discuss
setting up these types of shares.

Found the pam_mount forum but there has been very little activity there in
months. Obviously the developers are not answer questions.

So, someone on this list might be connecting via pam_mount either with nfs,
cifs, or other file connection methodology. Anyone willing to talk about
pam_mount settings as they relate to Samba 4 use?