[Samba] Adding user to group doesn't propagate?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Sep 24 10:50:49 UTC 2020

On 24/09/2020 09:19, Harald Hannelius via samba wrote:
> I tried to file a bug report on this, but Björn Jacke didn't see a bug
> here and suggested I should contact commercial support for Samba instead.

This morning I investigated this and yes, if you if you add a user to a
group and run 'id username' on a Unix domain member, the new group is
not shown. Interestingly it does appear to work on a DC.

I did find that running 'wbinfo -a username' does appear to make the new
group show up in the output from 'id username'

Rowland