[Samba] Access is denied, creating GPO's using a non administrator account.

Franco Suarez frann.suarez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 20:50:09 UTC 2020

Hi, Samba team!

I got a single instance of Samba 4.9.2 AD in Centos 7 with stock settings .

When I try to create a GPO with RSAT tools using a new account, member of
(Administrators,Domain Admins,Domain Users,Group Policy Creator Owners) it
is not possible to create a GPO. The error given is "Access Denied"

But using the administrator account, there is no problem to create a new
GPO with the group policy management application.

Among other things, I have run:
samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset

But the problem persists.

Any suggestions?