[Samba] Moving FSMO roles doesnt affect srv records in DNS ?.

Peter Boos peter.boos at quest-innovations.com
Wed Sep 23 11:40:27 UTC 2020

We've added an extra DC for redundancy to the Debian based Active Directory.
We updated our older smaba version to the current one, and joined a new DC.
Then the commands where givven to move all the FSMO roles

Which we verified with "samba-tool fsmo show", which showed that all roles are on the new DC.

However in DNS all underscore srv records of the AD services still point to the old server.
Not sure how samba handels it, though as the virtual pdc emulator is pointing to the old DNS server.
The old DC still seams to handle all logon's now.
As we verified by cmd command set in win 10 clients (showing logon server as the old dc)..
 Is this normal behaviour for Samba, are srv records not updated ?.
I find it strange and am wondered if our AD is now running as intended.

How to verify Samba.