[Samba] starting stoping samba 4.11

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Sep 22 09:19:15 UTC 2020

Hai, I had a quick look.

Yes, that looks way better. That will help a lot of people :-) Thanks for updating it.

But still incomplete ;-) (sorry)  I would do it myself, but i must replace a mail server here. (prio sky high.. )
And im not finished yet..  I suggest, in this part.

Managing the Samba AD DC Service
The following assumes that the Samba Active Directory (AD) domain controller (DC) service is managed by the samba-ad-dc service file.
If you have not created the service file manually, see your operating system's documentation for the name of the Samba AD DC service.

Maybe a link the a member setup and its services files.
Ow, wait, .. Thats one is missing that part also. :-/

Its now shows only samba-ad-dc
We also need to add  smbd, winbind, nmbd and how these should start

I had a quick look here :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member#Installing_Samba

Says:
Samba does not provide System V init scripts, systemd, upstart, or service files for other init services.

If you installed Samba using packages, use the script or service configuration file provided by the package to start Samba.
If you built Samba, see your distribution's documentation for how to create a script or configuration to start services.

But we do have now.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Managing_the_Samba_AD_DC_Service_Using_an_Init_Script
Maybe add also a link for a standalone/member with some nice examples.

Something like
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Managing_the_Samba_Start_Stop_scripts

Idea?

And same for that one, i do believe we had something like that in the wiki somewhere also for the members/standalone setups.

So far,

Louis