[Samba] WERR_BAD_NET_RESP on replication

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:23:45 UTC 2020

> The question has to be, why do you only have it on one DC ?

I am also asking myself this question because the dc3 was the first one I
provisioned.

Ok. Somehow this was removed. Would it be possible to recreate this entry
or the best thing to do is to change the roles to dc4 and provision another
DC instead of dc3?

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:13 AM Rowland penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 21/09/2020 15:00, Elias Pereira via samba wrote:
> > Another doubt is about this bydefaults entry.
> > The dc4 has this entry, but the dc3 does not. The dc3 is the fmso roles
> guy.
> > Does it work that way or is there something wrong there?
> Whilst there are a few attributes that do not replicate, all DN's should.
> > * Comparing [DOMAIN] context...
> >
> > * DN lists have different size: 5702 != 5703
> >
> > * DNs found only in ldap://DC4:
> >

> CN=BYDEFAULTS,CN=NETGROUP,CN=YPSERV30,CN=RPCSERVICES,CN=SYSTEM,DC=CAMPUS,DC=COMPANY,DC=BR
> > * Objects to be compared: 5702
>
> That DN is part of 'ypServ30.ldif', so if you provisioned with
> '--use-rfc2307' or added IDMU to a windows domain, you should have that
> CN in AD on all your DC's.
>
> The question has to be, why do you only have it on one DC ?
>
> Rowland
>

> --

Elias Pereira