[Samba] ceph vfs can't find specific path

Jonas samba at 0111.ch
Mon Sep 21 09:32:15 UTC 2020

"Rowland penny via samba" samba at lists.samba.org – 21 September 2020 11:03
> On 21/09/2020 08:55, Jonas via samba wrote:
> No idea about the cephs part, but your smb.conf isn't correct, your
> workgroup shouldn't be the same as the realm, perhaps use 'INT' instead.
> You have no 'idmap config' lines, how are you going to map your AD users
> to Unix users ? You have 'guest ok = yes' set in [plm] but you do not
> have 'map to guest = bad user' set in [global], so guest access will not
> work. Finally, by setting 'vfs objects = ceph' in [plm], you have turned
> off acl_xattr on the share.

Sorry, I tried to keep the config as short as possible and deleted and renamed some stuff. Probably not the best idea. Here is the full config:

[global]

clustering = Yes

netbios name = FSCLUSTER

realm = INT.EXAMPLE.COM

registry shares = Yes

security = ADS

template shell = /bin/zsh

winbind refresh tickets = Yes

winbind use default domain = Yes

workgroup = INT.EXAMPLE

idmap config int.example:range = 1000000-1999999

idmap config int.example:backend = rid

idmap config *:range = 10000-19999

idmap config * : backend = tdb

map acl inherit = Yes