[Samba] Fwd: Re: smbd do not start

Rommel Rodriguez Toirac rommelrt at nauta.cu
Thu Sep 17 18:32:19 UTC 2020

El 17 de septiembre de 2020 11:13:00 GMT-04:00, Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> escribió:
>On 17/09/2020 16:08, Rommel Rodriguez Toirac via samba wrote:
>>
>> El 17 de septiembre de 2020 10:06:29 GMT-04:00, Rowland penny via
>samba <samba at lists.samba.org> escribió:
>>> samba4 ADDC.
>>> Does the users home directory exist '/home/rommel.rodriguez' ?
>>>
>>> If it doesn't, you will need to use something to create it before
>the
>>> user logs on, such as the PAM mkhomedir module.
>>>
>>> Rowland
>>   The home directories for this user not exist.
>>
>>   I edit  /usr/share/pam-configs/mkhomedir like this
>>

>>   Name: Create home directory during login
>> Default: yes
>> Session-Type: Additional
>> Session:
>>         required        pam_mkhomedir.so umask=0022 skel=/etc/skel
>>
>> but still bot working.
>>
>Did you run 'pam-auth-update' ?
>
>Rowland

 I did, but:

If I select just:

 "Creating home directory during login"
the user log in and no password is asked

If I select just:

"Unix authentication"
the user most enter the password but is impossible to log in.

If I select just:

"Creating home directory on login"
the user is log in and no password is asked

If I select three:

the user most enter the password but is impossible to log in.

 If I select two:

"Creating home directory during login"
and
"Unix authentication"
the user most enter the password but is impossible to log in.

 If I select two:

"Creating home directory on login"
and
"Unix authentication"
the user most enter the password but is impossible to log in.

 When the user log in and no password is asked, the home directory is created, but I think is not recomemded to not use password to log in.

--
Rommel Rodriguez Toirac
rommelrt at nauta.cu