[Samba] Logging successful log-ins

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Sep 16 20:06:56 UTC 2020

ABvs> Yeah, it's a wiki.  Go for your life!

I can do that - I just was not sure I was right and didn't want to put something in the wiki that wasn't factually accurate.
So, just to be extra explicit.

Samba can log both sucessful and failed authentications, but only successful authorizations, not unsuccessful authorizations.
Right?

ABvs> Adding info on the per-log class stuff to log into different files
ABvs> like
ABvs> dsdb_password_json_audit:4@/var/log/samba/password.log
ABvs> would be awesome too.

ABvs> Andrew Bartlett