[Samba] Logging successful log-ins

Piers Kittel piers at centrefordeaf.org.uk
Wed Sep 16 16:46:24 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Due to a security breach at my office recently, we need to log
successful / failed log-ins.  I've put in "log level = 3" in smb.conf on
our active directory domain controller which seems to log what we need,
however this is generating massive log files, due to it logging every
file opening/closing by all users.  How do I log successful/failed
log-ins without having to generate massive files?  Would it be possible
to output just the successful/failed log-ins into its own log file?

Many thanks for help in advance!

Regards - Piers