[Samba] Internal error on Samba 4.10.17

Andrew Walker walker.aj325 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:33:59 UTC 2020

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 5:41 AM Andrew Walker <walker.aj325 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 11:43 PM Budi Janto via samba <
> samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

>> On 9/16/20 2:27 AM, Andrew Walker wrote:
>> >

>> > On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 2:58 PM Budi Janto via samba
>> > <samba at lists.samba.org <mailto:samba at lists.samba.org>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     Hi,
>> >
>> >     For 3 days uptime serve about 40 client Windows workstation with
>> traffic
>> >     average 50 Mbps - 80 Mbps (Video streaming) running on FreeBSD
>> system
>> >     with 16 GB RAM already installed.
>> >
>> >     # uname -smrv
>> >     FreeBSD 12.1-STABLE FreeBSD 12.1-STABLE r364492 GENERIC  amd64
>> >
>> >     # pkg info samba\*
>> >     samba410-4.10.17
>> >
>> >     I got this produce error in /var/log/message, any clue for this
>> problem?
>> >

>> >     --
>> >     Regards,
>> >

>> >     Budi Janto
>> >

>> > Is this a recurring issue? What is output of "testparm -s"?
>>
>> Just simple configuration:
>>
>> # testparm -s
>> Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
>> Loaded services file OK.
>> Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
>>
>> # Global parameters
>> [global]
>>         bind interfaces only = Yes
>>         browse list = No
>>         disable netbios = Yes
>>         disable spoolss = Yes
>>         dns proxy = No
>>         lm announce = No
>>         load printers = No
>>         map to guest = Bad User
>>         max mux = 100
>>         preferred master = Yes
>>         printcap name = /dev/null
>>         security = USER
>>         server role = standalone server
>>         server string = BEC-STG-P1 %v
>>         socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
>>         workgroup = HOME
>>         idmap config * : backend = tdb
>>         directory name cache size = 0
>>         use sendfile = Yes
>>
>> [data]
>>         browseable = No
>>         guest ok = Yes
>>         path = /mnt/DAT
>>
>> I've doing upgrade to samba411-4.11.11. Just trying and monitoring.
>> Thanks you.
>

> If /mnt/DAT resizes on ZFS, then "vfs objects = zfsacl" must be set.

Hmm... looks like an autocorrect fail. If /mnt/DAT is a zpool, then you
_must_ set "zfsacl". Attempts to set a POSIX1e ACL will fail with EINVAL.
Typically in FreeBSD we use pathconf(2) to discover the ACL branding for
the underlying filesystem, and then branding-aware syscalls. These are the
sorts of os-specific nuances that we try to address through VFS modules. In
this case, vfs_zfsacl will do mostly the right thing.