[Samba] PFsense via Samba Authentication Server -> ERROR! ldap_get_groups() could not bind

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 16 07:14:16 UTC 2020

> This is just another user like anyone else in the office.
No, its offcourse not .. Why do you think you binding user is failing ;-)

So, on the bind fail.
Did you set on the "binding" user, : account is trusted and cant not be delegated?
Password can be changed and never expire need to be ticked also.

Whats set on the Pfsence server in ldap.conf ?
Is BASE and URI defined?

As far i can tell, you certificate setup of fine.
If your not sure, goto :  testssl.sh  (yes that is a website )

Greetz,

Louis