[Samba] Fwd: Automatic mapping shares on logon time

Yvan Masson yvan at masson-informatique.fr
Tue Sep 15 08:01:18 UTC 2020

See answer at the bottom.

Le 14/09/2020 à 15:56, jmpatagonia via samba a écrit :
> Yes sorry for my mistake, we need map share folders that the user have
> permission, at logon time on Linux Desktop User.
>
> And if for example a user change of departament or area, the shares change,
> so we change the maps shares folders on logon.
>
> On Windows users is easy like GPO o logon script but on Linux Desktop Users
> is more complex i think.
>
> regards.

Hi,

I think you have two solutions:
- using a custom script that runs on user login to query LDAP for
appropriate shares an which then uses "gio mount". Very flexible,
however gio is a user space mount, so bandwidth limited (I did that for
a school and it was working)
- using pam_mount.conf (/etc/security/pam_mount.conf.xml in Debian),
which I now think is the best solution. Read the man page for more
information and examples

Regards,
Yvan