[Samba] Background goo

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 18:32:35 UTC 2020

Depends on where the policy is. Is it a User configuration, or a Computer
configuration policy? If Computer, then the Domain Computers needs Read
access to the path; otherwise, the Users need access.

For things relating to GPOs, I tend to put them in my SYSVOL, as it is open
for Read access by default to everything in the domain. Obviously, don't
put confidential objects in there. In a multi-DC setup, I put it on the
domain controller that has the FSMO roles, then make sure it gets
replicated. I can then drop the NetBIOS name from the UNC path - instead of
\\dc1.ad.example.com\SYSVOL\background.png I can use
\\ad.example.com\SYSVOL\background.png
- then it won't matter *which* DC is online, it can always be accessed.