[Samba] DNS entry missing after join to ad

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Sep 10 15:19:45 UTC 2020

On 10/09/2020 15:48, basti via samba wrote:
> I have restart bind and samba multiple times.
> I records are missing but i do not what to add them all manually.

They are supposed to be added by samba_dnsupdate using information from
the dns_update_list file after you restart Samba or reboot the computer,
but it depends on the DC using itself as its nameserver.

You could try adding this to smb.conf:

dns update command = /usr/sbin/samba_dnsupdate --use-samba-tool

Rowland