[Samba] Changing IP Scope on a Samba DC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Sep 5 08:21:50 UTC 2020

On 05/09/2020 09:12, Peter Pollock wrote:
> I just found the /etc/hosts thing two seconds before reading your email.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1) The install also did nothing to krb5.conf - do I need to merge it
> with the file that the install generated?
No, the one the distro created is enough.
> 2) When adding a DC to this domain, do I follow the same walk-through
> but just use samba-tool domain join instead of domain provision?
Yes, it is a join instead of provision (you only run provision once in a
domain), but you will need to initially use the first DC as the new DC's
nameserver
> 3) What tests should I run? I can join a computer to the domain and
> shortly (it took me 3 hours last time, so not particularly shortly at
> all) will be trying to join another DC, are there any standard
> commands or tests I should be running other than that?

Create a few users and groups on your new DC and join a client, if your
users can login, then it is probably working okay, basically just 'play'
with it ;-)

Rowland