[Samba] Changing IP Scope on a Samba DC

Peter Pollock peter.pollock at kingschristian.org
Sat Sep 5 06:46:41 UTC 2020

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!

After following Louis van Belle's walk-through to create a new DC, and
having problems at the end, I realized there was nothing in the walk
through about modifying /var/lib/samba/bind-dns/named.conf to let Samba
know the Bind version so I did that and Voila!

We have name resolution, can create kerberos tickets, just successfully
connected a windows workstation to the domain and seem to be rocking and
rolling!

Thank you for all your help everyone. Especially Rowland. I have a long way
to go this weekend, but this is a good start!