[Samba] SID mapping: Samba and SSSD

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 4 19:46:32 UTC 2020

On Fri, Sep 04, 2020 at 08:34:29PM +0100, Rowland penny via samba wrote:

> There is no need (in my opinion) for yet another idmap backend and I can, if
> I so wish, 'NACK' any new ones. If someone was to write a tool to sync data
> (along with ownership and permissions) from a machine running sssd to a
> machine running winbind, then this would get my approval.

Sounds like someone needs "The Little Book of Calm" :-).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCT-PImSMzs

Everything you say is correct, sssd isn't a Samba product
or supported here. I understand it gets irritating continually
referring people off-list.

Maybe just ignore sssd posts ?

NAK'ing something is an extreme measure (IMHO), only used in
irresolvable technical differences. Always better to discuss
the requirements and maybe come to a compromise.

Just my 2cents (that should be 1.5 pennies for you :-) :-).