[Samba] Acls

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 4 17:23:25 UTC 2020

On 04/09/2020 18:02, Philip Offermans wrote:
> What I am aware of I didn’t mess with the bidmap config. But I don’t really understand what it is, and where I use it for. I am really new to samba. All I know is that I have something regarding this in my config. And that it has something to do with users and groups.
>
> Thanks a lot btw for all the help. Without it I would be stuck on things like this for weeks
> Philip

I think that means that you have not added any uidNumber or gidNumber to AD.

There is an easy way to find out.

Logon to the Unix domain member, run 'getent group 'domain admins' in a
terminal, I do not think it will output.

If it doesn't, open smb.conf in an editor and find these lines:

   idmap config *:backend = tdb
   idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
   idmap config <win domain>:backend = ad
   idmap config <win domain>:schema_mode = rfc2307
   idmap config <win domain>:range = 3000000-4000000

and make them look like this:

   idmap config *:backend = tdb
   idmap config *:range = 3000-7999
   idmap config <win domain>:backend = rid
   #idmap config <win domain>:schema_mode = rfc2307
   idmap config <win domain>:range = 10000-40000

restart Samba and run the getent command again, I think you will get
output and the groups ID will be '10513'

That is provided '<win domain>' == 'ROMPEN'

Rowland