[Samba] Changing IP Scope on a Samba DC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 4 14:20:47 UTC 2020

On 04/09/2020 15:05, Peter Pollock wrote:
> This is brand new. Created following Louis' instructions (although in
> my install of Ubuntu 20.04, it gets a little tricky with installing
> packages because it claims one or more don't exist after adding Louis'
> repository and doing an apt update).
Please don't do that, say something doesn't exist without telling us
what 'something' is ;-)

> Totally separate network from my Zentyal installs, on a ProxMox
> virtual server, if that makes any difference.
No, good idea really, it doesn't matter if it is separate, it allows you
to destroy it easily if need be.

> I know the admin password, I just removed it from this email, I just
> cannot figure out why I can't initiate a kticket.
OK, if you know the password, no need to start again, but kinit should
work. Did you check if the first nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf is the
DC's IP ? did you run the kinit command as root and like this 'kinit
Administrator' ?

> I can wipe it and start again, that's not a problem at all. I was just
> so close...

No, there is no need, it was just the lack of the Administrator password
that was throwing me ;-)

Rowland