[Samba] Samba4 syncpassword fails

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at mediactivegroup.com
Thu Sep 3 10:05:37 UTC 2020

________________________________

>Any update on this issue?
>Is anyone able to help us to dig more deeplys into password sync errors?

As I had no answers to this problem, I'm going to test an upgrade from 4.7.6 version (ubuntu18) to 4.11.6 (ubuntu20).
Any recommendations?

Our setup is two active DC with FSMO roles
Can I simply stop samba, upgrade the system from 18 to 20, reboot en laucnh samba on the first DC (with dbcheck test), then launch the second one? (upgrading in place)
Or do we have to perfom a dc rejoin ?

Upgrading a Samba AD DC - SambaWiki<https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Upgrading_a_Samba_AD_DC>
Upgrading a DC and Joining it to the domain again has some benefits for your AD database over in-place upgrades. This approach requires having at least two active DCs in your domain (which is also recommended for redundancy, in case of failure).
wiki.samba.org