[Samba] schemaupgrade

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Sep 2 19:30:07 UTC 2020

On 02/09/2020 19:44, Eduardo Miranda Hidalgo via samba wrote:
> root at pdc1-samba:/opt/adprep# ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b "CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,$(echo "DC=$(hostname -d)" | sed 's/\./,DC=/g')" -s base objectVersion | grep 'objectVersion' | awk '{print $NF}'
> 30
>
> The scheme that this domain: 30 because it was a migration from a 2003 server some time ago. I want to upgrade.

I thought that might be the problem, your next problem is that the .ldf
files in setup/adprep are meant to update a current Samba AD (schema
version 47) to Windows 2012R2, or to put it another way, you are missing
sch31.ldf through sch47.ldf

Another interesting thing is that there doesn't actually seem to be all
the required .ldf files in setup/adprep to upgrade 2008R2 to 2012R2, I
get the feeling that I am missing something here.

Rowland