[Samba] help again with dns and samba 4 ad

jmpatagonia jmpatagonia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:35:04 UTC 2020

 Correct we have the dnsmasq server dns+dhcp on other ip server.

So if I understand well, we will use the samba DC as a "authoritative
nameserver" and the dnsmasq as a forwarder dns for resolve outside our zone
?

And we set on the dnsmasq (when deliver ip to the client as a dhcp server)
the primary dns is a samba DC server, and too we can set the dnsmasq a
secondary dns server or is not necessary that (because the DC asking the
dnsmasq) ?

Scenario:
dnsmasq as dhcp server: serve ip and tell to client the primary dns is
samba DC, and tell to client the secondary dns is dnsmasq

or
dnsmasq as dhcp server: serve ip and tell to client the primary dns is
samba DC, and samba DC is responsible to asking the dnsmasq for resolv
sites outsite the zone and answer to client.

Regards