[Samba] help again with dns and samba 4 ad

jmpatagonia jmpatagonia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:19:08 UTC 2020

I need helping again implementing samba4 ad and dns:

Actually we have a dnsmasq server with dhcp/dns services for users on the
lan, if we start to using the internal samba4 dns server to resolv names on
the zone of DC server example mydomain.test.com we can use the actual
dnsmasq to server another domains that we need ?, for example
otherdomain.testing.com.ar

If that is correct we need to include the parameter
                dns forwarder = dnsmasq-ip-server
on the smb.conf ? so what samba asking dnsmasq to resolv the name.

Regards.