[Samba] Changing IP Scope on a Samba DC

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Wed Sep 2 06:32:15 UTC 2020

Am 02.09.20 um 08:21 schrieb Peter Pollock via samba:
> I guess this weekend I'm building a new domain and transferring everything
> over!

Keep in Mind that this way all your PCs need to rejoin the domain and
all user profiles will need to be recreated! It is not enough that the
name is the same.
There ways to import these but they involve changing the domain SID in
every profile.

I thought you should keep that in mind.

regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Unit Head Bioprocess Development

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Manfred Bender
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen