[Samba] Changing IP Scope on a Samba DC

Peter Pollock peter.pollock at kingschristian.org
Tue Sep 1 20:42:50 UTC 2020

We started school about a month ago. Timing is awful.

I'm having to work around my own teaching schedule and the teachers doing
their prep and everything else.

I'm working on starting again. I simply only physically had two servers
available when I put this together 4 years ago so I had no option but to
use one DC as a fileserver and the other as the gateway.

This week the servers seem to actually be talking to each other, but we
have weird issues like one staff member can't access certain shares all of
a sudden, even though she is in the right groups and the windows computers
will randomly decide their trust relationship with the server has failed,
even just when waking from sleep or from a lock screen.

Zentyal made everything easier at first, especially when it came to
allowing other users to do administration while I was on holiday, but I
have had such a torrid time with it recently I don't think I'll go that
route again!

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>