[Samba] Changing IP Scope on a Samba DC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Sep 1 19:38:04 UTC 2020

On 01/09/2020 20:17, Peter Pollock wrote:
> Thanks Rowland.
>
> I'll try out those changes tonight.
>
> The two cards are necessary because I this is my gateway machine. One
> card connects to the internet router on 10.1.10.80 and the other
> connect to the local lan.

I personally do not think that is a good idea, we do not recommend using
a DC as a fileserver, never mind using one as a gateway device.

The more I hear about your setup, the more I think you should start
again, this time using something like 'ad.kingschristian.org' (you
appear to own 'kingschristian.org') for the AD domain, along with the
'10.1' ip range.

Your main problem would be the timing of all this, I don't know about
you, but the start of September is the start of the new school year here
in the UK.

Rowland