[Samba] OpenPVN authentication via Samba AD

Kris Lou klou at themusiclink.net
Tue Sep 1 19:14:16 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 12:08 PM miguel medalha via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> >> And if I recall, the groups are only returned if they match a local
> pfSense
> >> group (must have the same name).
>
> > That doesn't make sense, (...)
>
> And yet this is what the pfsense documentation explicitly says...
> And the behavior I am observing here.

I should clarify -- the Authentication Test only matches and shows Groups
that are local to pfSense (even if they're configured as a "Remote
Group").  That doesn't mean that ldapsearch won't return the data, just the
behavior of the Test.

As far as I know -- there might be other use cases -- this can be primarily
used for granting select access to and administering pfSense itself.