[Samba] Odd problems making AD DC

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Oct 30 17:13:55 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 08:47:02PM -0600, Dan Egli via samba wrote:
> On 10/29/2020 6:13 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> >
> > Dan, Rowland spends an inordinate amount of time on
> > our lists helping out people with Samba configurations
> > of all kinds. The least people can do is to be polite
> > when asking for help.
> >

> I was under the impression that I was being sarcastic/funny. If I didn't
> come across that way, then I am sorry. I certainly didn't intend to come
> across as rude or anything of the sort.

Sorry Dan, but sarcastic/funny often doesn't come off
as intended on mailing lists.

I have been caught by this myself many times, so I apologise
if I mis-understood your intentions :-).

> I am confused why Jeremy would say to use MIT vs Heimdal when the
> message I sent clearly shows an mit-krb5 package, but I had no intent of
> being rude. It's entirely possible he simply missed that detail. If
> that's the case I most certainly didn't want to come across as
> offensive. Again, if I failed to convey my thoughts correctly, I do
> humbly apologize.

No worries, we're all just trying to help here in a complex
and virus-ridden (in more ways than one :-) world.

I don't recall ever telling anyone to use MIT vs Heimdal,
not for Samba-AD. MIT-AD is still experimental and the
best solution as Andrew already mentioned is to use
the built-in code.

Cheers,

Jeremy.