[Samba] Samba as AD member & without winbind...

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Fri Oct 30 12:21:27 UTC 2020

Am 30.10.20 um 12:39 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:

> I have never used this backend, but what you are saying is that it will
> use the SID from AD  and map this to a Unix user or group. For the OP
> this would probably entail creating Unix users & groups with the
> uidNumber or gidNumbers from LDAP. If this is the case, you might just
> as well add these *idNumbers to AD and use the winbind 'ad' backend.
No with this backend any user that is known to nss (also if it comes
from LDAP) is mapped by sAMAccountName to uid. I had this working in an
NT Style domain but never tried it with AD.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Unit Head Bioprocess Development

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen