[Samba] Odd problems making AD DC

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Fri Oct 30 08:36:35 UTC 2020

On 10/30/2020 2:11 AM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> Now I am confused, where did Jeremy say to use MIT ?
>
> I initially advised you to start again but to use Heimdal, you then
> said that you were using MIT and asked if it was too new a version. I
> replied that it wasn't that your MIT was too new, it was the wrong
> kerberos and explained in a bit more detail why.
>
> Use Heimdal, do not use MIT, is that plain enough for you ?

It's quite plain. I may have read a message backwards somehow.
Unfortunately I don't have the original message to re-check. But in the
mean time, as I said, I have removed the mit kerberos from my system and
am currently compiling samba from source obtained from the samba site
just a couple hours ago. I've already seen it start to build it's own
heimdal implementation, so I'll give it a shot once everything is built
and installed.

--
Dan Egli
On my test server