[Samba] question about winbind rid idmaping

Andrea Cucciarre' acucciarre at cloudian.com
Thu Oct 29 12:52:24 UTC 2020

Hello,

My system is merely a Samba AD member (not a Samba DC).
The system is a CentOS:

# cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core)

and we are running the following Samba version:

# smbd --version
Version 4.11.2

There's no sssd running, we use only winbindd for id mapping, below my
smb.conf:

[global]
security = ads
realm = HYPERFILE.LOCAL
workgroup = HYPERFILE
netbios name = HF-1
log file = /hyperfile/gluster-cache/logs/winbindd/1/log.%I
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
idmap config HYPERFILE : backend = rid
idmap config HYPERFILE : range = 10000-999999
log level = 5
max log size = 10000
winbind refresh tickets = Yes
winbind offline logon = true
vfs objects = acl_xattr
map acl inherit = Yes
store dos attributes = Yes
dedicated keytab file = /hyperfile/winbindd/1/keytabs/krb5.keytab
kerberos method = secrets and keytab
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind enum users = yes
client signing = yes