[Samba] odd issue with permisions

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 28 08:16:11 UTC 2020

Offcourse this does matter.
You can set a deny on the group and the user cant write, thats simple.

And if your in a rush with this, You can get paid support at samba, plain and simple.
Also, Its not 24hours..  19:51 first post yesterday. Now its 09:00,
so relax we always try to help but we do also sleep.
I guess you do sleep also sometimes..

Remove this part in the home dirs.

> >         directory mask = 770
> >         create mask = 660
> >         acl check permissions = no

Run :
getfacl /home
getfacl /home/username

Post the outputs.

And what is set on the share for security rights, just the defaults?
Did you change anything there?

And run :
chmod 1770 /home/username
Then test again. (1 Creator Owner)

chmod 3770 /home/username
Test again. (3 Creator Group )

chmod 4770 /home/username
Test again. (4 Both above )

Last question, how did you create or are the user homedirs created?

Greetz,

Louis